|Someone wants to go with us!|
- Sunday, July 24: Fly to Seattle. Shuttle to Vancouver, BC and check into the Holiday Inn on Howe Street.
- Monday, July 25: Tour Vancouver
- Tuesday, July 26: More Vancouver, then Via Rail to Jasper
- Wednesday, July 27: Arrive in Jasper, rent the car and overnight at the Tonquin Inn
- Thursday, July 28: Drive to Banff, check into the High Country Inn
- Friday, July 29: Tour Banff
- Saturday, July 30: more Banff
- Sunday, July 31: Drive to Calgary and return the car. Check into the Airport Hilton
- Monday, August 1: Fly home to Rochester.
But finally we were packed, the cat's care instructions explained to a neighbor, and on our way to the airport, thanks to our friend Liz. It was then that the first moral crisis occurred. While we were waiting for our flight, I heard: "Ms Dygert, please approach the podium." When I approached, the Delta representative smiled broadly at me and announced the news that all air travelers hope to hear: I had been upgraded to first class! However, J had not. This was not good. There was no way I was going to be able to enjoy first class while my better half was back in coach. Not if I wanted to *have* a better half when I arrived in Seattle! I gallantly offered the upgrade to her, and she gallantly refused. The Delta representative then had to do some fancy footwork to get me my original seat -- I guess no one has ever refused an upgrade before. I hope the person who got it enjoyed it!
We had originally planned to take a 5:30 shuttle to Vancouver using Quick Shuttle service. That would get us to Vancouver about 9:30. Our flight was supposed to get in to Seattle about 2:30 and I thought it would be just a tad too tight to try to make the 3:30 shuttle. But with the plane arriving a little early, some luck, and quick decision making, we were able to get our luggage, grab some dinner and make the earlier shuttle. Before we knew it, we were across the boarder and checked into our Holiday Inn in downtown Vancouver, one of the most beautiful cities I have ever visited. And I have been to some beautiful cities! More about Vancouver in the next post!