Friday, November 29, 2013

St Petersburg Museum Day

We have been enjoying a lovely Thanksgiving holiday with my daughter, Nicole, and her fiance John and his parents. It has been a real bonding of families, and I've never laughed so much in my life!


Today we visited the Salvador Dali museum  where we saw the absolutely stunning work called Santiago El Grande. I'm including a picture of it from the internet, but believe me when I say that this doesn't even come close. For one thing, the real painting must be 12 feet tall. If you ever have the opportunity, you should by all means go see it. It was intensely spiritual and very beautiful.












After the Dali museum, we checked out a Chihuly exhibit at the Morean Arts Center . We could take pictures in there, so of course I took the opportunity for a few selfies, which I will spare you!. We have seen Chilhuly in Tuscon and of course, there is the beautiful light fixture at the Eastman School in our home town of Rochester NY.


No comments:

Post a Comment