Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve Dinner Party: Menu!

The table is set...
It's that time again, when we blow out all the stops for our family of choice! The annual New Year's Eve dinner party! Sadly, a couple of us won't be able to attend. I'm always happiest with everyone around my table.

My normal strategy is to pour all my efforts into one or two components of the menu, and for the rest, cook things I've done a million times and can do in my sleep. Here's this year's menu. Recipes and post-meal reviews to follow.

As always, I like to offer my dear guests a choice on some parts of the menu.



Salad
Caesar Salad with Garlic Toasts
or
Baby Greens with Beet, Goat Cheese, and Cara Cara Orange Fillets

Appetizer Plate
Charcuterie  Plate with Housemade Pate de Camapagne
or
Shrimp Cocktail

Cocktails (all non-alcoholic)
Rosemary Citrus Cocktail
Sour Cherry-Pomegranate Sparkler
Elderberry with Mulled Berries Sparkler
 

Main Course
Rack of Lamb
Roasted "Windy Night Farms" Squash with Dates and Seeds
Rice Byrani ala Felgerts

Desert
Profiteroles with Carmel Macadamia Nut Ice Cream and Hot Carmel Sauce

 

No comments:

Post a Comment